The Indian Maritime University (IMU) is the core level of the university, providing qualified training to applicants in the maritime field. In November 2008, the CET IMU was created for applicants. It affiliates with various institutes to ensure the admission of candidates. IMU headquarters are located in Chennai, but also throughout India.
IMU offers various facilities and promotes maritime studies, training; research, and extension work focused on emerging areas of study such as oceanography, maritime history, maritime law, maritime safety, search and rescue, dangerous goods transportation, environmental studies, and ‘other related fields.
Through this article, applicants can get complete IMU information including IMU fee structure and courses, etc.
IMU CET 2021 Fee Structure
The IMU fee structure has been mentioned in this article for applicants who have applied for this exam for admission to the Maritime University of India.
All participating applicants must pay a fee based on their choice of course.
|Course Name||Course Fee Structure Per Year For Male Cadets||Course Fees Per Year For Female Cadets||Course Duration||Age Limit(Min-Max) Years|
|Diploma in Nautical Science fees||Rs.2,20,000/||Rs.1,40,500/-||1 YEAR||17-25|
|B.sc Nautical Science& Maritime Science Fees||Rs.2,20,000/-||Rs.1,40,500/-||3 YEARS||17-25|
|B.E/B-Tech Marine Engineering Fees||Rs.2,25,000/-||Rs.1,43,000/-||4 YEARS||17-25|
IMU Post Graduate Programs Fee Structure with Eligibility
|MBA Port & Shipping
Management (2 years)
|IMU Chennai, IMU Cochin||A bachelor’s degree
in any discipline with
50% marks from
Marks in case of SC/ST).
|Rs.2,00,000/ + Rs.60,000/(FOR ACCOMMODATION|
|MBA in International
Transportation & Logistics
Management (2 years)
| IMU Chennai,
IMU Cochin, IMU Kolkata
|M.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering).||Imu Vishakhapatnam||Graduate Engineering in Mechanical /Civil /Aeronautical /Marine /Naval Architecture or Equivalent with 60% aggregate||Rs.2,25,000/- PER YEAR|
|M.Tech (Dredging & Harbour Engineering).||Imu Vishakhapatnam||Rs.2,25,000/- PER YEAR|
IMU CET 2021 Affiliating Institutes
There are 35 institutes affiliated with the Maritime University of India and these applicants will be admitted to this university, they will be distributed to the different institutes of IMU.
- Anglo-Eastern Maritime Academy, Mumbai
- International Applied Research, New Delhi
- Aquatech Institute for Maritime Studies, New Delhi
- BP Marine Academy, Mumbai
- C V Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- Maritime Training Center, Lucknow
- Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore
- Cosmopolitan maritime technology, Kancheepuram
- Naval Technology College, Palakkad
- B R Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Port Blair
- Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Cochin
- GKM Institute of Marine Science and Technology, Chennai
- Haldia Institute of Maritime Sciences, Kolkata
- HIMT College, Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Hind Institute of Nautical Sciences and Engineering, Noida (U.P)
- International Maritime Institute, New Delhi
- Mangalore Maritime College, Mangalore
- Naval Officers Training Academy, Pondicherry
- Maritime Foundation, Nungambakkam, Chennai
- Maritime Training Institute, (SCI) Mumbai
- Maritime Training Institute, (SCI) Tuticorin
- MMTI Education and Research Trust, Mumbai
- Maritime Academy Parc, Coimbatore
- Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Marine Sciences and Engineering, Chidambaram
- RVS College of Maritime Science & Engineering, Karaikal
- Sairam College of Navigation Sciences, Chennai
- Samundra Institute for Maritime Studies, Mumbai
- Shriram Institute for Marine Studies, New Delhi
- Southern Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
- The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai
- Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune
- Training ship (T.S. Rahaman), Mumbai
- Trident College of Maritime, Calcutta
- Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Pune
- Yak Education Trust, Mumbai
IMU 2021 Application Form
The IMU application form will be available on the IMU official website in the last week of March and applicants who wish to be admitted to IMU can complete the application form via online mode.
Applicants must verify the start date of the application form and must complete it before submitting it.
IMU Application Fee
These candidates complete the application form; They must pay the application fee before submitting the application form. Charges can be made through online mode. Administration fees are listed below by category.
|Category||Amount to be paid||BBA Logistics, Retailing, E-Commerce|
|General||Rs 1000||Rs 200|
|OBC/SC/ST||Rs 700||Rs 140|
IMU Admit Card 2021
The IMU admission card will be issued from the official website and applicants can generate their admission card within 10 days after the exam and only applicants can download the admission card, who have successfully applied.
These candidates will not have the admission card, they will not be registered in the exam room.