The IIT JAM 2021 exam template has been launched. The exam will take place on Feb 14, 2021. The IIT JAM 2021 is the nationwide entrance exam, organized by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the Institute Indian Technology (IIT) on a rotation.
IIT JAM 2021 This year it will be hosted by IISc, Bangalore. Applicants must complete the application form according to their eligibility criteria.
From this content, students will be able to obtain detailed information on IIT JAM 2021, including the IIT JAM 2021 exam template.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern – Released
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern has been Released now. Click Here to View Paper Pattern.
IIT JAM 2021 New Exam Cities have been Added now. Click Here to View Examination Cities.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2021
The seven document IIT JAM 2021 exam template and exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The questionnaire will be done in English.
- The IIT JAM 2021 exam will take place on February 14, 2021.
- The IIT JAM 2021 exam will be taken ONLINE only as a computer test (CBT) for all test work.
- The seven IIT JAM 2021 test papers will be completely objective of their kind, with three different question models, namely (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), and (iii) Answers numerical. Write the questions (NAT).
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the IIT JAM 2021 website.
- No hard copy of documents should be sent to the organizing Institute. The corresponding documents must be uploaded online only from the application website.
- The biometric identity verification system (fingerprint) will be used for the IIT JAM 2021 exam and admission.
- The organizing institute will not send a hard copy of the IIT JAM 2021 scorecard to qualified IIT JAM 2021 applicants. It can only be downloaded from the IIT JAM 2021 website for a specified period of time.
- No additional requirements, such as aptitude tests or interviews, are needed for admission to JAM programs.
- The duration of the exam will be three hours in total.
- The question paper will be divided into three sections in total, A, B, and C.
- The details of the three sections are mentioned below.
- This section will have a total of 30 PEM (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Each question will have one or two points.
- Each question will contain four optional answers; students must choose only the correct answer.
- Candidates can respond by clicking on the options offered.
- In 30 PEM: 10 questions of 1 point each and 20 questions of 2 points each.
- It will contain a total of 10 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Each question will have two points.
- Each question will contain four options, of which more than one may be correct.
- Candidates will earn full points if all correct answers are selected. Two points will be awarded for each correct answer.
- This section includes 20 NAT (Numeric Answer Type) questions.
- No options will be displayed for these types of questions.
- Applicants must respond by pressing the number via the virtual numeric keypad.
- Of 20 frequently asked questions: 10 questions of 1 point each and 10 questions of 2 points each.
IIT JAM Marking Scheme 2021
Applicants should check the scoring system for better preparation.
- Each section will contain a total of 60 questions that contribute 100 points.
- There is no negative mark on section B and C, but a negative mark will be made for section A.
- Negative notes: In section A, for the one-point question, 1/3 of the points will be deducted, and for the two-point questions, 2/3 points will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- No points will be deducted for questions attempted by the UN.
IIT JAM Exam Instructions
There is a provision for the use of a virtual calculator online, therefore applicants should not bring a calculator. Cell phones or any other electronic device are strictly prohibited inside the exam room. Charts, chart sheets, and tables are also not allowed inside the exam room.
A notepad will be provided for difficult assignments and must be returned at the end of the exam. Candidates must select the answer to MCQ and MSQ questions with the mouse. The answer to the NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad (the computer keyboard will be disabled). After 3 hours, the computer will automatically end the exam.
IIT JAM 2021 Paper Pattern of Test Papers
The JAM 2021 exam for the seven test jobs will be conducted as an online computer test (CBT) where questions will be presented to candidates in a random sequence on a computer screen. For the seven tests, the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. Support for all test jobs will be in English only. There will be a total of 60 questions with a total of 100 points. The whole document will be divided into three sections, A, B, and C.
All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section will be of different types as given below:-
Section A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (PEM) comprising 10 questions of one point each and 20 questions of two points each. Each MCQ has four options, of which only one is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking on the option.
Section B contains a total of 10 Multiple Choice Questions (MSQ) each with a colon. Each MSQ is similar to MCQ but with the difference that MSQ can have one or more correct options out of the four options given. The candidate gets full credit only if he selects all correct answers and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer (s) by clicking on the options.
Section C contains a total of 20 questions of the Numerical Response (NAT) type comprising 10 questions of one score each and 10 questions of two points each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which must be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No options will be displayed for NAT questions.
The Pattern of Questions and their Respective Weightage
|Question Pattern||Section A
|Total Questions||Total Marks|
|One Mark Questions||10
(Q1 – Q10)
(Q41 – Q50)
|Two Marks Questions||20
- In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero points. In Section A (MCQ), an incorrect answer will result in negative grades. For each incorrect answer to 1-point questions, 1/3 point will be deducted, and in the same way, for each incorrect answer to 2-point questions, 2/3 points will be deducted. In section B (MSQ), there are no provisions for negative or partial marking. There is also no negative mark in section C (NAT).
- There is a provision for the use of an online virtual calculator. Therefore, applicants should not bring a calculator.
- Cell phones and any other electronic device are strictly prohibited inside the exam room. Charts, chart sheets, and tables are also not allowed inside the exam room.
- A notepad will be provided for difficult assignments and must be returned at the end of the exam.
- Candidates must select the answer to MCQ and MSQ questions with the mouse. The answer to the NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad (the computer keyboard will be disabled).
- After 3 hours, the computer will automatically end the exam. Candidates should be careful and submit their answers before the end of the exam.