IIT JAM is the national entrance test that is organized for admission to various PG and Ph.D. programs. Admission will be offered at M.Sc., M.Sc. Ph.D. and M.Sc. doctorate double degree, etc.
Applicants will be admitted to various IITs and universities after the entrance test. Here in this article, get all the information related to exam dates, exam model, schedule, eligibility, application form, fees, result, advice, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Notification – Application Correction Started
- 1 IIT JAM 2021 Notification – Application Correction Started
- 2 IIT JAM 2021 Quick Links
- 3 IIT JAM Highlights
- 4 IIT JAM 2021 Important Dates
- 5 IIT JAM 2021 Application Form
- 6 IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- 7 IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
- 8 IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
- 9 IIT JAM 2021 Preparation Tips
- 10 IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
- 11 IIT JAM 2021 Answer Key
- 12 IIT JAM 2021 Result
- 13 IIT JAM 2021 Merit List
- 14 IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off
- 15 IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
IIT JAM 2021 Quick Links
|Notification (Released)||Information Brochure|
|Important Dates (Announced)||Click Here|
|Application Form/ Registration (Started)||Click Here / Link 2 Click Here|
|How to Fill Application Form (Available)||Click Here|
|Application Correction (Started)||Click Here|
|Admit Card/Hall Ticket||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Result / Score Card||Click Here|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Preparation Tips||Click Here|
|Rank Predictor||Click Here|
IIT JAM Highlights
|Exam Name||IIT JAM|
|Full-Form||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test|
|Exam Types||PG Degree Level|
|Courses Offered||Post-Bachelor’s Degree Courses|
|Conducting Body||IISc Bangalore|
|Eligibility||Admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree|
|Foreign nationals with Indian degrees are eligible to apply.|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Date||14th February 2021 (Sunday)|
|I Session – (Morning) – Biotechnology (BT), Mathematical Statistics (MS), and Physics (PH)|
|II Session – (Evening) – Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), and Mathematics (MA)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Paper Pattern||Divided into three sections (A, B & C Section).|
|A Section (30 MCQ), B Section (10 MCQ), C Section (20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT))|
|Negative Marks||Available, But No negative marking in Section-C (NAT).|
IIT JAM 2021 Important Dates
Get all the details of the important dates of IIT JAM 2021 here. Check all the schedules and prepare the schedule accordingly.
|Starting of online application form||10th September 2020|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||17th October 2020|
|Commencement of correction||2nd – 10th November 2020|
|Admit card release||5th January 2021|
|Mock test availability||January 2021|
|IIT JAM 2021 Exam Date||14th February 2021|
|Announcement of result||20th March 2021|
|Score Card||1st week of April 2021|
|Submission of application for admission||15th – 28th April 2021|
|Declaration of first admission list||16th June 2021|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||1st July 2021|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||16th July 2021|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2021||20th July 2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form
See here all the details of the IIT JAM 2021 application form. Here are a step-by-step guide and information on how to complete the IIT JAM 2021 application form.
- The IIT JAM 2021 application form has been made available to applicants online.
- Applicants can complete the IIT JAM 2021 application form from September 10, 2020, from the official IIT JAM portal.
- Applicants can complete the application form until October 17, 2020.
- Applicants are requested not to complete the IIT JAM 2021 Multiple Application Form as the application will be rejected twice.
- Applicants must upload required documents such as photographs, applicants’ signatures, other required documents such as PwD certificate (if available) and category certificate (if applicable). Etc.
- Applicants will be allowed the proofreading function to correct the IIT JAM 2021 application form.
- Students are requested to fill out the application form correctly and carefully and make no mistakes when completing the application form.
- Take the hard copy of the IIT JAM 2021 application form confirmation page for help with the exam.
- Once fees are paid, they will not be refunded.
- Students can pay fees through various methods like debit card/credit card / Net Banking and UPI.
Here in the table below, we are mentioning the category wise fee for all the candidates.
|For one Paper||For two papers|
|Female (A Category) /SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs. 750.00||Rs. 1050.00|
|General/ OBC-NCL||Rs.1500.00||Rs. 2100.00|
|Group/Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Case||Additional Fee||Case||Additional Fee|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PWD||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||₹ 750/-||One Test Paper||₹ 300/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||₹ 300/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||₹ 1050/-||One Test Paper||₹ 600/-|
|All Others||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||₹ 1500/-||Not Applicable|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||₹ 600/-|
|Both Papers||₹ 2100/-|
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
IIT JAM 2021 eligibility criteria are provided here for students applying for IIT JAM 2021.
Here we mention all the details of the IIT JAM 2021 eligibility criteria that will help the applicants to make sure they are eligible or not.
- Nationality: Indian citizens and foreigners are eligible for the exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have a diploma/baccalaureate or a candidate presented in the final year of the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for IIT JAM 2021.
- Qualification Requirements: Applicants must have general qualifications on the qualifying diploma. The parameter will include taking into account all topics, all years combined include affiliate brands and other languages.
Here in the table below, we are mentioning the details of the required marks.
|General/OBC (NCL)/ EWS category||least 55% or 5.5 out of 10|
|SC/ST and PwD category||50 % or 5.0 out of 10|
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
Check out the IIT JAM 2021 exam template here in this article. We derived the IIT JAM 2021 exam template from IIT JAM 2021.
All applicants are urged to refer to the full IIT JAM 2021 exam template.
- Exam mode: it will be done in online mode.
- Exam duration: The duration of the IIT JAM exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Question types: The questions will be multiple type questions (MCQ) and number type questions (NAT).
- Type of questions: 60 questions will be asked during the entrance exam.
- Articles: There will be a total of 7 articles for the entrance exam.
- Language: The work will be requested in English.
- Total Points: The work will be 100 points.
- Negative mark: no negative mark.
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple-choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple-choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
Here we mention the IIT JAM 2021 study program, which will help students to know and understand the full IIT JAM 2021 program.
Syllabus IIT JAM 2021 Includes different chapters and topics. Here we mention the complete topics of the IIT JAM 2021 study program.
Biotechnology, life sciences, mathematics, chemistry, geology, and physics. Here we mention some of the topics that are developed here.
Mathematical statistics include differential calculus, probability, sampling distributions, hypothesis testing, sequence and series, random variables, estimation, limit theorem, integral calculus, matrix joint distributions, etc.
The Geology section will include geomorphology, structural geology, paleontology, applied geology and mineralogy, petrology, stratigraphy, economic geology, planet Earth, etc.
This section will contain topics such as mathematical concepts, gas theory, solid-state, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, the basic concept of organic chemistry. , the chemistry of natural products, the periodic table of aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry, the elements of the main group, chemical bonds and forms, bioorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.
The questions will be asked from, biochemistry and physiology, general biology, basic biotechnology, etc.
This section will include integral calculus, function and one variable, differential calculus, vector calculus, real analysis, linear algebra, series, and real numbers, theory and sequence of groups, etc.
Covers topics such as oscillating waves and optics, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, electricity and mechanism, physics. solids, devices and electronics, and modern physics, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Preparation Tips
Get all the details of IIT JAM 2021 preparation tips here that will help applicants earn good grades and secure confirmed seats at IIT.
- Candidates must complete the sample topics and questionnaires from the previous year.
- Create a well-defined schedule and stick to it regularly by all means.
- Students should be familiar with the exam template and the IIT JAM program before beginning preparation.
- Solve mock tests online and offline to help improve your confidence.
- Get regular exercise and yoga to stay healthy.
- Eat good foods and healthy foods.
IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
Applicants can download the IIT JAM 2021 Admission Card from the official website. The IIT JAM 2021 Admission Card will be available to applicants only through the online mode. Applicants are not allowed to obtain an IIT JAM 2021 admission card offline from any source.
The IIT JAM 2021 admission card will be issued on January 5, 2021. Applicants must remove the imprint of the IIT JAM 2021 admission card with a government ID proof. Students will not be able to enter the exam room without the IIT JAM 2021 entrance ticket.
Students must keep the IIT JAM 2021 admission card securely with them until they are admitted to the institution. The IIT JAM 2021 admission card will contain important details about applicants, such as the student’s name, the address of the test center, the applicant’s photo, the list number, and application number, and the time of application. ‘exam, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Answer Key
Students can view the IIT JAM 2021 answer key through online mode only. The IIT JAM 2021 answer key will be published on the official website. Candidates can download the IIT JAM 2021 response key by entering their login credentials.
The answer key for IIT JAM 2021 will be published in the last week of February 2021. Applicants can check all the details on the official website. The IIT JAM 2021 answer key will help candidates calculate their scores on the entrance test.
Students who discover an inconsistency in the IIT JAM 2021 answer key can accept the answer key challenge with the correct evidence. The IIT JAM 2021 initial response key will be the interim response key. The Authority will publish the final answer key once the challenge is completed.
IIT JAM 2021 Result
The authority will publish the result of IIT JAM 2021 after the final answer key. The result of IIT JAM 2021 will be published online. The result of IIT JAM 2021 will not be sent by any offline mode. Applicants can download the result of IIT JAM 2021 only through the official website. Students can verify the result by entering their login credentials.
For each article, depending on the performance of the candidates, the candidates will be awarded the All India (AIR) ranking. For applicants with negative scores, serving less than the highest positive score index, they will be assigned the highest rank.
For candidates who obtain the same score, the same scores added in the test, the creation of tiebreakers will be implemented in the candidates. If tiebreakers fail, the same candidates will be assigned the same rank.
IIT JAM 2021 Merit List
The IIT JAM 2021 list of merits will be published via online mode. The IIT JAM 2021 Merit List will be published in the 3rd week of April 2021. For all applicants, for each item, the All India Merit List will be prepared based on AIR.
Applicants whose names will be published in the AIR will be based on factors such as the total number of seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) on a given topic.
Applicants will be able to apply to various universities, IIT and IISc. Students will receive AIR according to the categories mentioned in their application.
IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off
The IIT JAM 2021 cutoff scores are the minimum scores that applicants must achieve to participate in other consultation cycles. If applicants wish to participate in IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off, students must meet the minimum cutoff scores.
Applicants will be called in for guidance based on the IIT JAM 2021 cap published by IIT JAM. Students must meet the IIT JAM 2021 minimum limit to be eligible for the admissions process.
Students will be asked to attend counseling sessions after the IIT JAM 2021 deadline is posted. Students will be admitted to participating institutions based on their grades. The music and IIT will publish the merit list separately for admission to their campuses.
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
Students whose names will be published on the Merit List will be called for IIT JAM 2021 counseling. The IIT JAM 2021 counseling will be conducted in online mode only. Once the result is published, qualified applicants will be asked to complete the intake form.
On June 16, 2021, the first admission list will be published. Admission will be through the official website online mode.
Students are required to pay 600 rupees as the admission fee and applicants will be able to choose the course in order of preference, percentage, category, grade, etc.
The 2nd admission list will be published on July 1, 2021. Students are advised to bring their documents on the day of the original notice and also to take photocopies of the documents.