The IIT JAM 2021 application form has been available since September 10, 2020. The IIT also refers to the Indian Institute of Technology and organizes the IIT JAM 2021 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) programs. The IIT JAM is the national entrance exam, which is supervised by the IIT and the IISc on a rotating basis. This year, IIT JAM 2021 will be hosted by IIT, Bangalore.
Applicants will need to verify their IIT JAM 2021 eligibility criteria before completing the IIT JAM 2021 application form. In the different streams, applicants will be offered admission.
From this article, students will get the full details of IIT JAM, including the IIT JAM application form and its procedure.
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form – Available
- 1 IIT JAM 2021 Application Form – Available
- 2 IIT JAM Application Form 2021
- 3 Application Fee
- 4 Procedure to fill IIT JAM Application Form
- 5 How to Apply IIT JAM 2021
- 6 Data Requirement for Filling the Application form
- 7 Photograph Requirements
- 8 Signature Requirements
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form has been available on 10th September 2020. Click Here to Check Application Details.
Click Here to View Application Procedure.
IIT JAM Application Form 2021
On September 10, 2020, the application form will be available, and these students who wish to be admitted to the different master’s programs through this exam can complete the IIT JAM 2021 application form online on the official website of the Institute of Indian technology.
Before the last date, applicants must complete the application form.
- The IIT JAM 2021 application form can be completed and submitted online only.
- Registration for IIT JAM 2021 started on September 10, 2020.
- Applicants can complete the IIT JAM 2021 application form on October 15, 2020.
- The maximum image size of the signature can be 160 × 560 in pixels.
- The minimum size of the signature image can be 80 × 280 in pixels.
- The image file size must be between 5 KB and 100 KB.
Applicants can pay the application fee online and offline by debit/credit card or online banking (online method) and e-challan from State Bank of India. Administration fees are non-refundable and details of administration fees are listed below.
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|SC/ST/PWD & Female (all categories)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/–|
|Group/Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Case||Additional Fee(Rs.)||Case||Additional Fee(Rs.)|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PWD||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||Rs. 750/–||One Test Paper||Rs. 300/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||Rs. 300/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||Rs. 1050/–|
|All Others||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||Rs. 1500/-||One Test Paper||Rs. 600/-|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||Rs. 600/-||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||Rs. 2100/–|
Procedure to fill IIT JAM Application Form
This is the procedure mentioned below to fill out the IIT JAM application form and you need to verify it.
First of all, students need to visit the official website of the Indian Institute of Technology. They need to click on the link and fill out the application form with the required details such as the candidate’s name, email id, cell phone number, and other details. After completing all the details, they should submit it.
Filling up the details
Applicants need to log in to the official website by entering details such as registration ID and password. Applicants must fill in all required details on the application form, such as personal, communication, and qualification details.
Applicants need to pay the application fee after uploading the required documents, and they need to pay the application fee in online or offline mode. Application fees can be paid by debit/credit card or net bank account.
Print of Application Form
After completing all the details, applicants should submit it and remove the hard copy of the application form for future use. It is not necessary to send the printed application form to the authority.
How to Apply IIT JAM 2021
Applicants can apply for IIT JAM 2021 only through the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link available on the website.
The online registration and application feature will be available on the website from September 10, 2020.
The candidate must first register on the JOAPS site, providing their name, a valid email address, a working mobile phone number, and a password. The candidate must provide an email address that they use and verify frequently, as all communication with the JAM 2021 candidate will be sent to this email address. The candidate must not use someone else’s email address and only one candidate can be registered with a single email address.
Also, the candidate must provide their mobile number as most communications can also be sent by SMS. The password provided by the candidate should be chosen in such a way that it cannot be easily guessed by others and the candidate should not forget this password as they will need it to log into the online application site. After successful registration, an email containing the candidate’s registration number will be sent to the email address provided by the candidate.
The registration ID will also be sent to the mobile phone number provided by the candidate. Applicant must use this registration ID along with the password for all communications or website operations related to JAM 2021. Applicants are encouraged to keep their ID and password information secure and confidential.
JOAPS Provides an online interface for the candidate to interact with the JAM administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Request the exam online
- Upload a photo, signature, and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PWD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Pay administration fees through one of the electronic payment methods
- Check the status of the application form: Received, Under Review, Accepted, Default status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admission card ready to download, etc.
- Download the admission card
- View your answers, grades, and JAM score
- Download the JAM dashboard
- Presentation of the application for admission
Applicants are discouraged from submitting their applications through a third party. If someone else (friend or cyber café person) completes the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted is correct. It will be noted on previous occasions that information provided by someone else on behalf of the candidate was incorrect because they did not have correct information about the candidate. Therefore, we advise against this practice when completing the online application form.
Data Requirement for Filling the Application form
The following information will be required when completing the form in JOAPS:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.). Please note that the candidate’s name on the application form must be the same as that indicated on the qualification certificate. The JAM 2021 scorecard will be issued based on the name entered on the application form. The prefix / title like Mr / Shri / Dr / Mrs / Smt, etc. It should NOT be used before the name.
- Communication address (including PIN code)
- Qualification diploma details
- Name and address of the university with PIN code
- JAM paper / s
- Choosing cities for the JAM exam
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph that meets the specified requirements
- Good quality image of the candidate’s signature that meets the specified requirements.
- Scanned copy of category certificate (SC / ST) (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of the PWD certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Details of a valid identity document (DNI) (the candidate must bring this original identity document to the exam room)
- Online banking details/debit card/credit card for payment of fees
The JOAPS allows the candidate to enter the data, “Save” partially completed the form, “Close session” and “Resume filling” when reconnecting. The JOAPS portal is intuitive and easy to use. Additional help information needed to complete various fields on the JOAPS portal will be available.
When logging into the JAM 2021 application processing website, the applicant needs to fill in information such as parent/guardian name and mobile phone number, choice of the city, number, and choice of ( s) proof (s) you want to show, date of birth, gender, communication address, category and PwD status. The candidate’s application fee will be determined based on this information. The candidate must also fill in their other details such as qualifying title information, percentage of grades / CGPA, valid personal identity information details, etc.
It should be noted that the candidate can specify one of the following photo ID cards for the personal identification information: Aadhaar ID, University ID, Driver’s License, Employee ID, PAN Card, Passport, or Voter ID. The JAM 2021 application requires your photo and signature to be uploaded electronically to JOAPS. Uploading photos and signatures that do not meet the specifications may result in disqualification from entry without any refund of the entry fee.
- Be careful to upload the only good quality photo. The JAM scorecard will be printed with the photo you submit.
- The photograph must match your appearance on the day of the exam.
- A passport size photograph (3.5 cm wide x 4.5 cm high) of the candidate’s face is required for an application form.
- The photograph must be in COLOR and taken after August 1, 2020, in a professional studio. Photos taken with a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
- Please ask the photo studio to provide your photo image in JPEG format and also in standard 3.5cm x 4.5cm (width x height) print.
- The maximum size of the JPEG image can be 480 x 640 pixels (0.3 megapixels) (ask the photo studio to reduce it to this size if it is larger). The minimum pixel size of the JPEG image can be 240 x 320. The image file size must be between 5KB and 200KB.
- The background of the photograph should be white or very light in color.
- The face must occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a front view looking directly at the camera.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by the hair of the head, any cloth, or any shadow. The forehead, eyes, nose, and chin must be visible.
- If you normally wear glasses, a photo with reflections in the glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you can wear glasses for the photoshoot, if you can’t avoid the glare, take your glasses off.
- You should not wear glasses with dark or tinted lenses; only clear glasses are allowed.
- Poor quality of submitted photography will result in your JAM application being rejected, with no refund of the application fee.
- Draw a 2 cm x 7 cm (height x width) rectangular box on white paper. Sign with a black or dark blue ink pen on this box.
- Signatures with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, initials, or any other color (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned with a professional scanner. Cut it to the edge of the box. Table 5 shows examples of acceptable and unacceptable signatures.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size of the signature can be 160 x 560 in pixels.
- The minimum size of the signature image can be 80 x 280 pixels.
- The image file size must be between 5 KB and 100 KB.