The BITSAT 2020 exam dates have been announced now; the exam will be held from September 16 to 18 and from September 21 to 23, 2020. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITSAT) Admission Test will take held under BITS’ dominion, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, for various BITS programs and many other related institutes.
It’s no exaggeration that this college-level entrance exam is your gateway to the engineering, pharmacy, and science line. After passing this exam, applicants will be able to take the BE, B.Pharma and M.Sc. programs. This is a college-level entrance exam that is conducted annually to provide admission to various integrated first-degree programs.
Admission will be offered to applicants in the B.E, B.Pharm, and M.Sc programs after scoring this admissions test. This article focuses on the details of the BITSAT 2020 application form, dates, eligibility, etc.
BITSAT 2020 Notification – Result Declared
- 1 BITSAT 2020 Notification – Result Declared
- 2 BITSAT 2020 Quick Links
- 3 BITSAT Highlights
- 4 BITSAT 2020 Important Dates
- 5 BITSAT 2020 Application Form
- 6 For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- 7 For Admission into B.Pharm
- 8 BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- 9 BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
- 10 How to Prepare for BITSAT
- 11 BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
- 12 BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
- 13 BITSAT 2020 Result
- 14 BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
- 15 BITSAT 2020 Counselling/Admission
BITSAT 2020 Iteration-3 Result has been declared on 23rd October 2020 for admissions in First Degree Programmes. Check Here for Counseling Details.
BITSAT 2020 Quick Links
|Notification (Released)||Click Here|
|Important Dates (Announced)||Click Here|
|Application/Registration (Released)||Click Here|
|How to Apply (Available)||Click Here|
|Admit Card/Hall Ticket||Click Here|
|Answer key||Click Here|
|Cut off||Click Here|
|Counseling/ Admission Procedure||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|FAQs Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Application & Admit Card FAQs||Click Here|
|BITS Pilani Cut Off||Click Here|
|Full-Form||Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test|
|Exam Types||PG/Degree Courses|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Management and Humanities|
|Conducting Body||BITS, Pilani|
|Exam Dates (Out)||16th – 18th September 2020
21st – 23rd September 2020
|Exam Duration||03 Hours|
BITSAT 2020 Important Dates
Applicants can check the 2020 BITSAT exam dates for various events in the table below:
|BITSAT Application Form||11th January 2020|
|The last date to submit the BITSAT Application Form 2020||11th May 2020 (5:00 pm)|
|Application Correction/Editing Date||15th – 20th May 2020|
|BITSAT Exam Center Allotment||1st July 2020|
|BITSAT slot booking||To be Announced|
|BITSAT admit card 2020||To be Announced|
|BITSAT Exam Dates (Out)||16th – 18th September 2020
21st – 23rd September 2020
|Apply for admission with 12th marks & Preference||To be Announced|
|Admit List & Wait for List Announcement||To be Announced|
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
Applicants will be able to complete the form online. The application form is generated for each student requesting the exam.
- The BITSAT 2020 application form was published on January 11, 2020.
- Applicants can complete the application form until May 11, 2020.
- To access the route, visit the website and enter all required personal and academic details: applicant’s name, date of birth, contact number, gender, category, grade, etc.
- Paste the scanned image of the photograph, signature, and fingerprint with your right hand. Make sure to attach each of the credentials in a specific way.
- Then submit all the details once and for all after checking all the details.
- The application form will be available on the screen after submitting each data.
- Go ahead to checkout, and there are different ways to do it.
- Once application fees have been submitted, they cannot be recovered.
- Therefore, you are asked to carefully decide which courses you wish to apply for by completing your options on the application form.
- Those who pay the fees in cash must present proof of payment.
- Students can complete the application form online.
Each candidate will only accept one application form. Download the scanned images of the photo and signature in JPG / JPEG format.
The photo size must be between 4 KB and 50 KB, and the size of the signature must be between 1 KB and 30 KB. Applicants must also submit three preferences for test centers. It is not necessary to send the printed application form to the university.
The BITSAT 2020 application fees for different categories are shown below:
- The application fee is Rs 2,950 / – for Indian exam centers, but this applies to male applicants, and female applicants will need to submit Rs 2,450 / –
- The application fee for the Dubai Exam Center is Rs. 4500 / –
|Male candidates||Rs. 2950/-|
Payment method: Applicants can pay the application fees by credit/debit card or net banking.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, they must meet the admission criteria. Those who meet the requirements will proceed to more rounds of admission.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must be ranked 12th in the 2019 academic year at an accredited board or university.
- Subjects: Applicants must score the exam with PCM questions for B.Pharma with English. Applicants who have PCM topics will be considered for the exam.
- On the twelfth exam, Minimum grades must earn 75% in PCM / PCB and must also receive 60% for the subject.
- Appearing Applicants: Applicants who still complete 12th place in 2020 will be considered for the exam.
Those who have passed their twelfth in multiple attempts will also be considered for the exam. Applicants who are currently eligible for BITS and one of the participating campuses will not be considered for the exam.
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualification Exam: Candidate must have passed their level 10 + 2 or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/university.
- Eligible Subjects: Applicants must have passed their level 10 + 2 exams with the main subjects of physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Besides, you must have a sufficient command of English.
- Grades: Applicants must have achieved a total of 75% grades in physics, chemistry, and mathematics. In each of the subjects, you must have obtained 60% of the grade.
- Appearance: Candidates taking the level 12 exams can also apply.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed their level 12 exams or an equivalent exam from any recognized board/university.
- Eligible Subjects: Must have passed your level 12 exams with physics, chemistry, and biology or mathematics as main subjects. Besides, you must have a sufficient command of English.
- Grades: Applicants must have achieved a total of 75% grades in physics, chemistry, and biology/mathematics. In each of the subjects, you must have obtained 60% of the grade.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam will continue for three hours.
- The exam will be conducted in a computerized online mode.
- There will only be objective questions on the exam.
- The exam will consist of four sections: Physics, Chemistry, English, Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics or Biology.
- For each correct answer, you will receive three points, and for an incorrect answer, there is no deduction for any point.
- Number and type of questions: A total of 150 multiple-choice questions will be present in the document.
- Language medium: the question document will be available in English.
- Duration of time: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Scoring system: for each correct answer, three points will be awarded. One point will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
The program will include different subjects, such as physics, chemistry, English, logical reasoning, and math/biology. The program will be primarily oriented to NCERT.
Units and measures, Newton’s laws of motion, work, and energy, kinematics, momentum and motion, rotational motion, solid and fluid mechanics, gravitation, waves, oscillations, electrostatics, heat, and thermodynamics, etc.
States of matter, chemical bonds and molecular structure, atomic structure, physical and chemical equilibrium, thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, electrochemistry, hydrogen elements and S-blocks, surface chemistry, etc.
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning:
Grammar, reading comprehension, vocabulary, composition, verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, missing link detection, address tracking, word classification, etc. Mathematics:
Algebra, two-dimensional coordinate geometry, differential calculus, trigonometry, three-dimensional coordinate geometry, integral calculus, probability, ordinary differential equations, statistics, vectors, mathematical modeling, and linear programming.
Diversity in the living world, genetics, and evolution, cell: the unity of life; Structure and function, structure and function – Animals and plants, reproduction, growth, and movement of plants, ecology and environment, reproduction and development in humans, biotechnology and its applications, biology, and human well-being.
Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical deduction – Reading a passage, Graphic logic ETC. Non-verbal reasoning – Perception of patterns, a matrix of figures, paper cutting, detection of rules, etc.
How to Prepare for BITSAT
- Before you start preparing for the exam, gather all the details about the official program.
- Set an appropriate schedule and prepare accordingly.
- Get help from last year’s NCERT books and tests.
- Familiarize yourself with the test pattern.
- Don’t take the stress and prepare in stride for your exams.
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
Once the application process is complete, the BITSAT 2020 seats’ reservation process will begin in July 2020.
To reserve exam places, a direct online link will be provided on the website. Candidates will choose the date and time of the test between the time and dates provided. Students must enter their application number, date of birth, gender, email ID, and other required information to reserve test spots.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
The admission card will be produced from August 2020. Applicants will need to download the BITSAT 2020 online. But before starting to download the admission card, it will be necessary to reserve a place for the BITSAT 2020. Candidates will not be allowed to take the exam without the admission card. The examiner will be invited to appear during the exam.
The BITSAT 2020 admission card will include important details that need to be brought to the test center during the defined period.
BITSAT 2020 Result
The result of BITSAT 2020 will be accessible through the online channel on the website. As a result, they will know their qualification status for admission. Admission is granted on the grades obtained by them in the BITSAT 2020 exam.
It will take place the day after the start of the exam. The result will show the ranking and the number of points you could get on the exam. They will be allowed to take the test the same year.
BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
The different BITS campuses will publish the BITSAT 2020 cut marks separately for various branches. Students must achieve a score equal to or higher than the published cut-off scores to be eligible for admission to multiple campuses.
The expected BITSAT 2020 scores for different courses and campuses are given in the following table:
|Courses||Expected Cut off marks for BITSAT 2020|
|BITS Pilani||BITS Goa||BITS Hyderabad|
|B.E. (Hons.) Electrical and Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science||382||350||339|
BITSAT 2020 Counselling/Admission
Applicants must participate in the advice of BITSAT 2020 to take the course according to their preferences. Initially, they must register on the website and submit the consultation fee. When registering, you will enter the name of the desired course. After that, the applicant will have to appear to verify the documents by which the seat will be provided at the university.
Certificates are required to apply with the 12th-grade sheet of approval and the preferred option. The List of Merits is drawn up according to the scores obtained in the BITSAT Entrance Exam 2020. There will be a separate List of Merits based on which admission is confirmed for all courses. For this purpose, the Admission List is generated in September 2020.
Seats are assigned based on the number of vacant seats, category, the preferred option, and grades obtained on the entrance exam taken after they have to report to the distribution center.