The Common Entrance Exam for Assam is organized annually by the Assam Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). Through this exam, applicants can enter various universities/engineering institutions in the state
All applied candidates must meet the eligibility criteria. If applicants are unsuccessful, they may have difficulty completing the application registration.
Assam CEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Please check the criteria and check if you meet all the criteria or not.
CEE – 2021 will be based on the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) program. The exam will be of the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type and will consist of a single test of 3 (three) hours with the following distribution:
|Mathematics||40 Questions||4 (Four) marks will be awarded for every right answer and 1 (one) mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Subjects in QE||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English|
|Marks in QE||Minimum 50%|
|Marks for SC candidates||Minimum 45%|
|Marks for ST candidates||Minimum 40%|
Candidate can check the complete Assam CEE eligibility criteria below:
Candidates must be an Indian citizen and permanent resident of Assam.
Residential Eligibility 2021
- It is mandatory to spend a period of time in the state of Assam of at least 20 years.
- Children of officials from all Indian services working in the state of Assam are exempt from the above condition.
- For the sons of an officer, it is necessary to study from the seventh to the twelfth class of the Assam board of directors.
- Applicants who transfer these parents out of Assam can relax during the time their parents lived abroad.
- The candidate’s age must not be less than 17 years old or older than 21 years as of the first week of August 2021.
- There is a 3-year release for SC / ST applicants and a 1-year release for B.Sc. graduates.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass the twelfth exam in the same session without any grace scores from a recognized board/university.
- Minimum Qualifications: The candidate must obtain 50% of the points (45% for SC candidates and 40% for ST candidates) on the qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Applicants must qualify for the qualifying exam in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains) (STP)
- Scheduled Tribes (Hills) (STH)
- Other Backward Classes (including MOBC)
- Tea Garden Labour Community (TGLC)
- Ex-Tea Garden Labour Community (Ex TGLC)
- Ward of Ex-Serviceman
- Physically Challenged
- Moran/ Motak communities
- Ward, grandchild of freedom fighters (both paternal & maternal)