The AP ECET 2021 is conducted to offer admission to applicants with a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Science (Mathematics).
Applicants will be admitted to the regular B.E./B.Tech and B.Pharmacy secondary entry based on their scores on the AP ECET exam. From this article, applicants will be able to learn detailed AP ECET 2021 information that includes AP ECET eligibility.
AP ECET 2021 Eligibility
Applicants must verify their eligibility criteria before completing the AP ECET 2021 application form, and the eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of India.
- Address: Applicants must have an address in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is also necessary to satisfy local / non-local status.
- Qualification Exam: Candidate must obtain Engineering and Technology / Pharmacy degree from AP State Technical Education Council. OR
- A candidate must complete the three-year bachelor’s degree with mathematics as one of the subjects of a group combination from a recognized university.
- Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must obtain 45% of the marks (40% for reserved categories) in the qualification exam.
- Applicants Appearing: Senior applicants can also apply but must pass their qualifying exam before being admitted to the university.
Eligibility for Lateral Entry in B.E/B.Tech/Pharmacy:
- Applicants must have been qualified or have participated in the AP ECET 2021.
- The candidate must meet the eligibility requirement and other criteria established by the university for admission.
- Admission to 85% of the places in each course will be reserved for local applicants.
- The remaining 15% of the seats will remain open.
- Side entry seating for neglected private establishments (minority / non-minority) will be 20%.
- In the case of colleges affiliated with a university, 10% of the side-entry seats will be reserved in addition to the prescribed admission.
- Candidates for the stream (Mathematics) will only be considered for admission after completing all qualified degree holders while filling the side entry seats following AP ECET 2021 ranks.
Local and Non-Local Criteria
An applicant will only be considered local if they have studied in the state for four years of continuous academic qualifications.
- If the applicants are not studied from there but reside in AP for four years.
- If the candidate has studied at an AP State institution for seven years.
Non-local candidates can be admitted with less than 15% of seats.
- Candidates who have resided in the State for ten years, study periods outside the State.
- These parents resided in the state for ten years, excluding the period of out-of-state employment.
- Children of parents are employed in the state or central government, public sector companies, local governments, universities, and other similar quasi-public institutions within the state.